Saturday, 10 March 2012

Pre made 'baby' finger food!

Thursday 8 March

I'm usually in no way a fan of these styled baby foods....but Evie decided she couldn't wait any longer for food in Sainsbury's! As my kitchen cupboards are over flowing with packets of mini bread sticks from previous emergencies I was loathe to buy another packet - and so I found myself in unfamiliar turf in the "baby food" aisle! I generally think these things are a bit dubious and overpriced for what they are....but desperate times and all!

I plumped for a goodies flapjack thing, made with tomato & some other veg....whilst it dyed Evie orange (along with her clothes) it did do the trick - and promised to be additive free! I wonder if I can make my own - as oaty/veggie bars seem a good idea - any hints, tips or recipes?

The Polenta was a bigger hit for dinner too

love

Mel x

5 comments:

Mrs S said...

Hi Mel

My little girl loves savory flapjacks here's the recipe I use if your interested-

100g butter
300g oats
350g cheese
2 beaten eggs
300g any greated veg (Edith likes carrot and parsnip best)

Melt butter then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Press into a greased swiss roll tin. Bake in the oven for 20/30 mins gas 4 until golden.

Mel_x said...

Mrs S,

Your a total star!! I am making these next week - thank you so much.

Love

Mel x

Mel_x said...

Mrs S,

Your a total star!! I am making these next week - thank you so much.

Love

Mel x

Mel x said...

Finn loves these but seems a bit gaggy on them, not sure if it's because they're quite dry?x

Mrs S said...

They are quite dry, you could add 25-50g more butter and cheese it makes them a bit softer.

Lindsey x