Friday, 24 October 2008

Cheesy nuggets, no chips

We went to Chessington on Wednesday. Surprisingly, it's perfect for preschoolers. Under 1m means they get in free, yet over 90cm means they can go on 90% of the rides. We bought annual passes as we live fairly nearby. Anyway, we had lunch in the "Goblin Family Pub." Again, surprisingly good. Rafs was offered chips for the first time, but threw them all on the floor without tasting any. Luckily I had packed rice cakes and a banana.

Yesterday I made cheesy veg nuggets, again from Aitch's site (see links). 7oz frozen broccoli, steamed till very soft then disintegrated in the blender. Mixed with 4oz breadcrumbs, 6oz grated cheese, 2.5 tbsp each olive oil and water, and 1.5 tsp baking powder. Made about 15 balls. Baked at 190C for 25 minutes. Very oily result, but he really enjoyed them. Rather chewy too; it's amazing what babies can manage with no teeth. Once my frozen stock runs out I shall make them again. Probably with mushrooms instead as he hasn't tried them yet.

6 comments:

Emmie said...

Hi there, thanks for doing this blog. I'm just setting out on BLW with my 5 mnth old. I know it's early but he's showing massive interest in food and reaching and grabbing for it. He's only 'gumming' stuff at present but seems to really enjoy the experience. It's great to read your blog as there is still so little info - it's given me a bit more confidence with how to go about it all. Cheers Em :-)

Emmie said...

Infact ... I'm so inspired I've started my own BLW blog!

Sarah said...

Glad it's helpful :)

What's your blog link?

Emmie said...

Hi Sarah its http://morganbabyledweaning.blogspot.com or if you click on 'emmie' it will take you to my profile and theres a link at the bottom.
Cheers Em x
(How strange was that - i was just checking out your latest post when your comment popped up!)

Borf said...

These cheesy nuggets sound delicious! I run http://www.weaningbabyfood.com where I host our family weaning recipes and i was just looking for other blogs and came across yours.

Mel_x said...

Hi Girls,

so glad the blog is helpful...I must really set up a link to all of these sites....

Love

Mel x