Sunday, 3 August 2008

Happy half-birthday!

Pink champagne for us! Rafael celebrated with rice cake. Well, I say, celebrated but what I mean is recoiled in horror and disgust. His face, on biting off a piece, was a real picture. Sadly I didn't catch it on camera. So I gave in, and let him have his first "ready meal", a jar of banana and peach gunge. We were visiting my parents so I had brought it along as a back up. Result was half an hour of blissful self-spooning and finger-dipping. He really really likes peach.

Only 9 days in and we seem to be getting further and further away from "proper" BLW. It's my own fault for giving him a spoon in the first place, but now I'm not sure where to go from here. I feel bad that we're not doing it as fully as planned, frustrated that he clearly prefers mush even though I know he can chew, and also feel guilty at not necessarily giving him what he wants. Should I be genuinely "baby-led" and let him have what he clearly enjoys? Does trusting your baby mean letting him eat just puree? Hmm... Thoughts anyone? I didn't have the problem with Phoebe as she wouldn't eat anything!

No comments: