Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Promises, promises...

Oh I make so many promises to you and rarely deliver. Am I, dare I say, a flake? The recipes and book reviews are coming, I promise :0) I have been working on a few other bits and bobs (and hanging out in the garden).

I took Millie to be weighed today and she has crossed another centile line.....in the right direction! Hurrah, she is finally gaining weight in a steady and healthy way. I was talking to another mum in the waiting room who was a bit worried about how little her baby was eating. Well, until we worked out the portion size from the recipe was 5 times the amount WHO recommend for a day! She said she felt a little more relaxed about the amount that went on the floor. It takes conversations like this to remind me of the early days of weaning, with an eleven month old who is confident and capable at the table I find it hard to remember. I have been exchanging emails with another Mama (If you're reading Sonia, I'm half way through a reply!) who is starting BLW with her daughter. I love hearing how well she is doing and how happy they both are, it reaffirms my belief that BLW is a lovely and gentle way to bring in solids. Sorry, lots of rambling tonight!

Here's to everyone starting out, enjoying the sun and to everyone who is a little older today. Cheers all round!

Happy Days,

Kat x

2 comments:

caramama said...

Yeah for gaining the weight! And it's so true that I forget how nervous I was in the early stages and how hard it was especially because I didn't know anyone else doing BLW! We've come so far...

Kat said...

Thank you! Hope you're feeling better. Where does the time go?