Thursday, 17 April 2008

Picnic Food.

Millie's first birthday is fast approaching and we are celebrating by holding a picnic party with two of her chums. We went for a picnic with one of the babies this week to scope out our chosen spot. As it was an impromptu trip I hadn't got suitable picnic food and ended up taking fish cakes. Big mistake. Huge. For a start, I hadn't got them shaped very well so they just crumbled. Of course Millie wasn't keen on taking them from a spoon when she could reach forward and take them from the tub. I'm sure you can picture the scene after that - one very fishy picnic rug and baby! So now I'm thinking I need to get on the case of picnic friendly food. I have a Butter Bean Sandwich Spread which I will post soon. Of course your ideas are most welcome, I'm sure you are all light years ahead of me on this!

On the subject of cake, which I posted about here, I am still not sure so will leave it out for now. Strangely enough, when I saw my HV the following day she kept telling me it was ok to give babies cake. I wonder if she's a reader...?

Happy Days,

Kat x

3 comments:

mumlollipop said...

Hi
On the subject of cake again, one of the cakes I bake most often is a banana loaf that has no sugar (or sweetner or honey, no dairy and lots of good lovely stuff. I will post the recipe on my blog and send you a link. I make it so that Jacob can enjoy it with us and because it is so healthy and tasty (well, compared to other cakes!).
Laura xx

mumlollipop said...

Here is the link
http://blw-recipes.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you try it!
Laura x

Kat said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the recipe. It is similar to one I make http://blwrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/01/banana-bread.html but I'm loving the chopped nuts and sultanas :0)

I was thinking some savoury scones and muffins would make potable meals...

Kat x