Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Magnificent Seven.

So after blogging about the sun I wake up to rain drops on my window pane, Grrr. Not for long though as the sun is out and we are planning a trip into town to buy some goodies. When I was at The Better Food Company last weekend I picked up a delightful mix of seven beans from Essential.



As you can see, Millie is so impatient for them that she wouldn't even let me photograph them without assistance. The mix is: Red Kidney, Chickpeas, Pinto Beans, Aduki Beans, Haricot Beans, Mung Beans and Black Turtle Beans. I am just not sure how I'm going to use them. Should I make a new pie, a stew or even a salad? I could make all three or something I haven't even thought of yet! Oh the possibilities. While I ponder feel free to add your ideas to the pot by using the comments section.

Happy Days,

Kat x

2 comments:

caramama said...

I've been worried about beans because my little one has always had some gas issues. Are you concerned about that or does Millie do fine on beans?

Kat said...

Mmm, I'd not thought about this before. I suppose that beans are quite soft when cooked and not so big that they would lodge in the throat easily. Millie has been fine with them, on days she's not keen on beans they just get spat back out :0)