Saturday, 19 January 2008

Yummy Lentils.

We have had a good week and have been branching out into new foods. I have been getting into my cook books and finding new and exciting delights for Millie to eat so expect some new recipes over the next week. One big success has been Lentil Sambhar and my spin off recipe, Lentil Spread. The lovely thing about this is that we both smelled of coconuts all day. :0)

Do you find people talk to you about nutrition a lot? I know they are all well meaning and that I am silly for feeling annoyed. I do feel a little annoyed though. Millie is breast-fed (we have knocked the formula feed on the head) and so I don't have any major concerns in this area. So many people think I should be giving her dairy for either iron or calcium (amoungst other things such as fat and new flavours). An article which has helped me to feel more confident is this one on Kellymom. They have lots of useful articles including one about calcium. So good to know that (funnily enough) breast milk is still the most important food for my baby. I will do a post on calcium and iron rich foods in the next couple of weeks.

After deciding she would crawl, Millie crawled over to me, grabbed my jumper and stood up. Left me speechless. To coin a phrase, they grow up so fast!

Happy Days,

Kat x

2 comments:

Tigerpiddler said...

Oh, Ive been wondering what t do with the pack of red lnetils in my cupboard, I might give this a whirl tomorrow. :)

Kat said...

Let us know how you get on!