Friday, 4 January 2008

Recipes.

Hello!
I've had a busy afternoon putting my recipes onto the recipe page for this blog. Ok, it was only three recipes so 'busy' is probably stretching it a little. From now on I shall post any recipes directly there and link to them like so: vegetable risotto. As time goes on I hope to add lots of recipes. I'm a keen cook and have shelves groaning with an ever expanding collection of cookery books (all unwanted books given a loving home!). I tend to cook off piste as you may have guessed from the improvised falafel disaster. Speaking of falafels, I have been sent the recipe for Cafe Kino Falafels and am soking the chickpeas in readiness!
I have been reading a variety of baby food books over the last few weeks. As Mel has said many times before, Finger Food for Babies and Toddlers by Jennie Maizels is definately worth a look. Another I would heartily recommend is Baby & Child Vegetarian Recipes by Carol Timperley. Has some lovely recipes and ideas as well as feeling accessable. I bought it for a first time Mama friend years ago and think it is still worth the money. Optimum Nutrition for Babies and Young Children by Lucy Burney is an interesting read from a nutritional point of view and came to me recommended by a nutritionalist PhD. Sadly the recipes are puree heavy so have to be adapted or discarded for BLW babies.
I'm off to bed now ;0)
Happy Days,
Kat x

No comments: