Saturday, 5 January 2008

Falafels Finally.

I feel like I have well and truly been bending your ear with my falafel obsession. Well, this is probably the last time I'll mention them for a while as we have finally gotten around to making and eating them. Here is the recipe: Cafe Kino Falafels. They are very easy to make and super tasty - DH enjoyed ours stuffed into pitta with hummus and rocket. What did Millie think? She wasn't keen on the fried versions as they were too crispy. She gave a luke warm reception to the oven baked ones. This is not unusual with food that isn't straight forward (fruit and veg) so I'll make them a few times over the next couple of weeks and see what happens.

I had intended to try my hand at some gluten free breads this weekend although I haven't gotten around to it as yet. I've been baking gluten free food since I was a child as my mother is coeliac. Although Millie will eat food with gluten in it, she will have a variety of cereals in her diet to minimise the risk of intolerance in later life. I might try a flat bread as this will go well with falafels (or is the plural falafel?) and make the recipe section very neat. Or I might go for some corn bread and try out Mel's adaptation of JM's Spinach and Mushroom Polenta at the same time.

Finding foods which work early on isn't as easy as I initially thought. Especially as Millie is currently a vegan baby. Do you have some recipes which you think we would like? Send them to me and I'll post them on the recipe page associated with this blog. I mentioned a couple of books yesterday, another great resource is Aitch's website. I imagine, like me, you all found it the first time you googled BLW and there is a link on this page to follow if you haven't had the pleasure as yet.

Hope you are all well, leave us a comment to let us know how you are getting on.

Happy Days,

Kat x

No comments: