Sunday, 2 December 2007

She's still not very well and off her food a bit. We've had sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, butternut squash and swede today with some melon for good measure. Most of what we gave her went on the floor, ah well. I guess it is to be expected considering she's poorly. We did have some spicy butternut squash soup which she took from a spoon (as well as smearing it all over her face).
I have come to the conclusion that we need to get serious about feeding and buy some equipment. As you can see from this photo, we are a little messy around meal times.
My first port (or post) of call is Mel's page on BLW equipment. I will report back on what we have come up with once I'm kitted up.
Thanks for your comments on the amount Millie is eating. I will chill out and let her tell me how much she wants.
Happy Days,
Kat

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi there - I found you via a Google search for baby led weaning! My daughter Mia was also born in June (19th) and we are going to start BLW very shortly. Her big brother was supposed to be weaned this way, but I got lazy and did a mix of purees and finger foods.

Anyway great blog and it'll be nice to compare notes!

Kat said...

Hi Lisa,
Good to hear from you! Looking forward to hearing your new once you start BLW with Mia (what a gorgeous name!).
Kat x