Tuesday, 4 December 2007

Juicy Melon.

She's still off her food a bit. I suppose it's because it's not easy to eat when you can't breathe properly. We tried swede again today which was greeted with a little more interest than last time. I think that it's less interesting than the other root vegetables as it's not as sweet.
Following yesterday's pear success we had pear and some galia melon (ok, I went overboard on the exotics but even though they were on their sell by date they have all kept well). Both fruits were met with glee and so I gave her extra at supper.
Tuesday is weigh-in day with the HV.......Hurrah......she has gained a bit of weight! I am very pleased with this as I'm sure you can imagine. Luckily my HV is actually supportive of letting babies get on with eating on their own. She also didn't bat an eyelid when I said we were going to stop using nappies - what a trouper. I know its not always the case to have a HV who is so good on weaning. A good friend of mine had a lot of trouble with her son losing weight because the HV didn't sit down and talk to her about what they were doing. A few minutes early on and a couple of months of heartache could have been saved. Luckily they are back on track and moving back up through the centiles. I could write about this for hours! I won't though. :0)
Happy Days,
Kat x

No comments: