Wednesday, 28 November 2007

What did we decorate the floor with today?

Yes, most of the food ended up on the floor - lol!
We had carrot, courgette and parsnip cut into 'chips' or batons and steamed until soft. Millie is very good at picking up a chip, lifting it to her mouth, biting half and chewing it before releasing the other half to drop to the floor! It seems that most of what goes in her mouth is getting chewed a little and then swallowed. We have started with two meals a day (lunch and supper) as these are the meals she is awake for.
Please tell me what you think - I would love to hear from others who are beginning BLW or those who have been in my shoes and can speak from experience :0)
Happy Days,
Kat x

4 comments:

caramama said...

We are not much further along, as the Pumpkin is only 8.5 months old and we started BLW at 6.5 months. But already, most of the food is going in her mouth and being ingested! The poor dog is so sad that food after food is no longer dropped on the floor!

I'm excited to keep reading and see how things progress for you and Millie! (BTW, I'm part of the yahoo BLW group, and thanks for posting that you've taken over the updates here!)

mamaluke said...

Hi ya, my ds no 3 was born 19th June, and am planning to BLW more so than I did with my first two. Quite excited about it. He's already had a taste of Peshwary naan, as he just grabbed it off me and some beef.. he chewed and sucked. I don't think he quite understands what food is for other than thinking its a toy to stick in his mouth. The "signs" aren't totally there yet, will wait patiently and see.

Kat said...

Hi Caramama,

That is great news - our cat is not interested in eating the dropped food!

Thanks for coming along to have a read and for posting a comment. I look forward to hearing from you agian.

Kat x

Kat said...

Hi Mamaluke,

Wow - number three, I can only gape in awe! Your ds was born two weeks after M :0)

Look forward to hearing how he gets on.

Kat x