Monday, 16 July 2007

Lychees

Monday 17th July

no change in the breakfast menu!

At lunch George ended up with a bit of a mis match! He had 3 leftover veggie muffins, then a thing of great wierdness. I made a single egg omlette, but flat not puffy. I then spread philly on it, and rolled it loke a sushi pancake roll. He seemed to like it. He also had a yoghurt.

I made some garlic & herb tortellini with ricotta and spinach. I made loads, but he only had 1 bowlful. He also had 4 lychees - personally I am deeply suspicious of lychees, but George seemed to like them!

love

Mel x

ps - I found out the other day that my 19 year old office jnr has only ever tried (fruit wise) apples, bananas and grapes. Not even a strawberry! I have no idea how this can be, especially when I think of the fruit George eats. I have therefore made it my mission to get him to try a new fruit a week! Wish me luck! x

6 comments:

Jeasmin said...

i can believe that ..about your member of staff as i was the same until not long ago!

lychees - i love them, but do hate peeling them!

Rachael said...

Hi, just found your blog. I've just started BLW after 3-4 weeks of puree and stress. So far she has swallowed very little but is having lots of fun and I'm much more relaxed.

Jo said...

Jeasmin

Try looking out for tinned lychees in fruit juice (usually grape) they are delicious and saves the job of peeling them which I hate!!

Jo x

Mel_x said...

I found peeling them strangely satisfying! Odd I know!

Rachael - Hi & welcome to the blog! Glad BLW is going well so far - hope the blog helps a little!

love

Mel x

Jeasmin said...

Jo - thanks

Mel - yes odd..very!

Jo said...

Peeling luchees satisfying???? Now I really am worried about you Mel!!!!!!!

Jo x