Tuesday, 24 April 2007

A demand for toast!

Tuesday 24th April

I gave George his banana (now just broken in half!) followed by some baby figs for breakfast, which he was eating quite happily until he saw my toast! He had finished the banana, but just refused to eat any more figs. He just wanted toast! lol

Lunch was 4 pancake sushi rolls! FOUR!!!! Then at M's house he also ate about 3 handfuls of grapes!

Little wonder then that despite swimming he wasn't in the mood for much supper. He ate a tiny bit of tofu, and a bite of a baby pizza and the rest went on the floor. He did manage to find room for half a punnet of blackberries though - typical! lol

love

Mel x

3 comments:

erzsebel said...

I just wanted to tell you that I made some of your baby pies today (with a different random filling), and I'm looking forward to seeing how many of them my son manages not to throw on the floor! It has been heartening to read the early posts on your blog and realise that weaning is just difficult, no matter what you do, and it's not that I'm either a really bad, or a really unlucky parent!
Karen

Mel_x said...

Hi Karen,

I hope you get some success with the pies. It can be quite disheartening when everything seems to go on the floor - have you read the brave ladies weaning article - I think it resonates with a lot of us!

Do let me know how the pies go down won't you.

love

Mel x

erzsebel said...

Well, they did go "down," that's for sure! But at least he had a go at them first. I left some out for his lunch yesterday, which was his Dad Day, and Dad finished off the ones that he didn't eat. So much for me having a few days' supply...