Saturday, 21 April 2007

Bacon Sandwichs & the worst mum ever!

Friday 20th April

dh made George a bacon sandwich for breakfast, which he seemed to love! Of course he also had a banana, but at least there was some variation.

I met friends for lunch, and George ate 1 mouthful of a baked potato with cheese on, then wanted to get out of his high chair and walk around. Don't think he has eaten so little for weeks!

Then to compound the bad mother bit, we all went out for a drink in the afternoon and stayed out for a meal. George had bread for supper, tomato bread & olive bread with some olive oil, but bread none the less! He ate a couple of tomatoes from my risotto starter, but then ended up playing under our table! Dh & I staggered home a little drunk, and poor George went to bed 2 hours late.

Am going straight to mummy hell I'm sure!

love

Mel x

5 comments:

Billy's Mummy said...

He'll live, i think i'd get that award at least once per week!

Em x

Lane'sMommy said...

Mel in your recipe section you refer to puff pastry. Any idea what that would be here? (US) Also when you talk about making the pancakes for the spinach and philly sushi rolls, do you use the whole egg or just the yolk. Thanks!

Mel_x said...

Hi,

I have spoken to my american friend who says puff pastry is called puff pastry in the us. It is sold by the company pepperridge farm in a long tube in the frozen dept - usually with the frozen cakes etc. It should be available in most grocery stores she assures me! I hope that helps some - she did say it was something you had to look for over there, and it wasn't as obviously stocked as over here iykwim.

I use the whole egg as we have no allergies and have had no reaction to whole egg. Have never tried with anything else so I cannot say if it would work.

I hope that helps a little?

love

Mel x

Lane'sMommy said...

That helps a ton. I obviously was not looking in the right place! HA! Thanks again for helpin me out!

Mel_x said...

no problem

love

Mel x