Saturday, 3 March 2007

Ploughman's lunch

Saturday 3rd March

DH made George eggy soldiers for breakfast this morning, boiled egg mixed up with a bit of butter. He ate 2 slices of toast apparently!

At lunch he refised to even entertaine some polenta - which he usually loves (how annoying is it when they do this!!!). Instead he had some cheese, tomatoes, ham and bread. Dh & I had the full works, but I guessed pickled onions may be a step too far - even for my human dustbin! lol. Oh, I almost forgot the baked sweet potato!

Supper was a banana - we nearly avoided it but the old cupboards are a bit bare! He also had a bit of plum and some cucumber sticks with hummus!

Love

Mel x

ps - check out my new article - Brave Ladies Weaning? x

3 comments:

Darbi said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but I think that I am going to get started tomorrow. But when everyone speaks of "chip" shaped, what exaclty does that mean. Like a potatoe chip? Thanks!

Mel_x said...

Hi Darbi,

I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow - it is scary but exciting when you start weaning!

Chip shaped means about the size of a good old English chip! I wasn't uniform about it, so if giving steamed carrots / parsnips then I would cut them in half so I had 2 bits ---- ---- then I would cut each half into 2 or 3 lengths iykwim.

The thing to aim for is the pieces being slim enough to fit in a little hand, and long enough to stick out the top of a fist. Your lo won't eat from inside their palm for a few weeks.

hth, and let me know how you get on.

love

Mel x

Lane'sMommy said...

Thanks! I think that makes sense!