Sunday, 25 March 2007

A New Sauce for Pasta

Sunday 25th March

My mum's birthday - so the day started with a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday".

Breakfast was a slice of toast and a banana. Thank god we had something, George's cupboard was decidedly bare once more.

At lunch I had to get creative, so he had pasta in a mushroom spinach & philly sauce! I will post the recipe in the recipe section! He loved it, and ate 2 bowlfuls!

Supper was much less successful! DH made quorn fillets in a peppercorn & leek sauce, baked spuds and peas. George refused all of it, even when we tried to encourage him to eat by giving him his fork, he just beat the quorn harder against his mat! We had to resort to dates & luckily I had just baked a batch of baby pies! What a boy! Thankfully we had been to the organic supermarket for a George shop!

love

Mel x

ps - veggies all planted & covered in net. As my grandpa used to shout at the plants in the garden "grow you buggers!"

6 comments:

Jo said...

Mel

If you get lots of slugs attracted to your plants sprinkle some oatmeal around the base of the plants. The slugs love oatmeal and eat it all up and it dehydrates them and they die. We found they were a problem on the strawberries in particular.

Jo

Mel_x said...

Great tip Jo thank you!

Much more green than slug pellets!

Will give it a go! I will also look out some seed spuds too, I thought you needed deeper soil, so I am very excited now.

Love

Mel x

ps - from your post about Lisa being made your co-mod it seems you had some board trouble. Hope all is okay.

Jeasmin said...

Yes, great tip. I'll let my mum know. SHe is great gardener.

Jeasmin said...

Thanks for the receipe. Tried it with my lo and she she loved it - it was amazing. She loves philly, pasta shells and green veg, so i think all her favs in dish was very yummy for her.

Mel_x said...

glad she liked it....now there was a small matter of a curry recipe!

Am happy for it to be as random as mine are - a bit of this and a splodge of that etc!

love

Mel x

Jeasmin said...

aaaah yes. i will get to that. sorry fo rthe delay. hope you are enjoying your small break.