Saturday, 24 March 2007

A massive breakfast and one less bf

Saturday 24th March

George ate a surprising amount of breakfast today, a massive banana, some pan fried apple, a bit of leftover omlette and then raspberries & blueberries too.

Lunch was a bizarre selection of puff pastry tarts, marinated tofu and a ham & philly sandwich. Must do some food shopping soon, things are getting a bit desperate.

Supper is a cheesy baked potato cooked and served by dh.

HE took such a long time today over the massive breakfast that when I tried to feed him before we went out he just smiled at me & refused to bf. He never asked when we were out (by this I mean cried!) and we got home in time for lunch. He needed his pm bf earlier, but seemed unconcerned tbh. This bodes well for the evil return to work. His bf's have got quicker too.

love

Mel x

ps - been to the garden centre and bought tomato plants, strawberry plants, cucumber, peas, cut & come again lettice and some new herbs. George will soon, hopefully, be enjoying my organic homegrown stuff. Yummy!

5 comments:

pun said...

Hi Mel,
Brill idea re homegrown stuff,let us know how you get on as i may be inspired.
Will check on ebay re sling and if you have time plse post the recipe for mini pizza and photo of sling (with BG in it as we haven't seen the little guy recently??!).
Cheers,
Yiuyiu x

Mel_x said...

Hi Hun,

will do! I am v excited about my veggies - I would love a proper veg patch but our garden too small at the mo!

The mini pizza recipe should be on the recipe bit, but I will double check!

Will have to do my hair 1st before I post a sling pic! lol, will see what I can do later on!

love

Mel x

Jo said...

Mel

It's really easy to grow new potatoes, peas and green beans in large pots in the garden as well, well worth a try.

Jo

Mel_x said...

Jo,

what sort of pot did you grow the spuds in?

I have got peas, but was lacking space for a second thing to climb up. I have pea & bean net, but no other space to put it up iykwim!

love

Mel x

Jo said...

I just use a pot for both the peas and the beans and use 3 canes made into a wigwam shape for them to grow up, never bothered with a net.

As for potatoes, I just use a really wide, deep pot I got from the garden centre, one you'd put a large shrub in. It's about 60-70 cm across and the same depth.

Make sure you buy some seed potatoes from a garden centre rather than using sprouted ones from the supermarket. We've found that Charlotte potatoes work best and you only need about 4 seed potatoes for one pot.

Jo