Sunday, 18 February 2007

Sunday Roast, a load of berries and cutlery!

Sunday 18th February

I MANAGED IT! A WHOLE DAY WITHOUT A BANANA!!!!

Breakfast this morning consisted of about half a massive punnet of strawberries and the same of blackberries. The added twist was that George ate the majority of them off his "big kids cutlery" fork which Gran had given him for Christmas. The age warning says from 3 years, so yet another reckless parent moment, but he did really well - he still has both his eyes!





Dh thought after such a big breakfast that George didn't need lunch, but I thought we should offer something at least! 1/3 of a punnet of blueberries, a big pear and some prunes later I announced dh had been proved wrong! lol.

We made a yummy sunday roast for all of us tonight, roast spuds, carrots, parsnips, broccoli and chicken. George ate the spuds and the parsnips, totally ignored the carrots and looked at us like we had gone mad over the broccoli! I think he ate some chicken, he seemed to give it a good chew, so I think so! There is some left over so I will hide it in something tomorrow! lol.

Further examples of bad parenting came when I let him try some ice cream....it was green & blacks organic vanilla if that lessens the parenting crime any? It was only a tiny taste though!

Love

Mel x



No comments: