Monday, 29 January 2007

A triumph & a failure

Monday 29th January

George is 8 months old today - and to celebrate he has been a right old grump, which has made the day wonderful as you can imagine! After a not unusual breakfast of pear & banana, I decided to try harder at this mummy lark for the rest of the day.

Lunch was pancakes filled with spinach & philly. I rolled them up & cut them into sushi like slices, and they seemed to go down a treat.




Feeling inspired and creative I made vegetarian meatballs for supper. I thought they looked and tasted yummy, but George just crushed them and threw the bits on the floor. I was quite cross but he did the same with any alternatives I tried, so I guess he just isn't hungry!

Still I have frozen some so I will just try again!

Love

Mel x




4 comments:

Billy's Mummy said...

Hi Mel

After seeing the pictures of pancake rolls, that what William will be having for tea tonight. Just borrowed MIL's bread maker and currently making some but kind of made my own creation so supect it'll be like a brick. (things we'll do for em hey!!) Em x

Mel_x said...

I have yet to get the breadmaker out, but i really must try again! I did find the recipe book, so that is a step forwards.

I hope William liked the pancakes - I make them for George with self raising flour so they are extra fluffy. Let me know what he thought?

love

Mel x

Billy's Mummy said...

Hi Mel,

Will hated panckaes but i suspect anything i'd have given him he'd have refused, Jam on toast is my bribe food and that was refused - he's been sick this week for a change so we are back to square one with the food, only wants milk again. I enjoyed them though not helping my diet tho. Pancakes another day for def! Em x

Mel_x said...

Oh no!

I feel kinda bad that Will didn't like them after I bigged them up so much!

I hope he gets well soon.

love

Mel x